Tags

, , , ,

We have defeated our  leaking water tanks and we are moving on.  Actually, we tried to surrender and buy new tanks, but we couldn’t find any roto-molded tanks that fit and we felt it was more risky to leave with new hand-welded tanks than repaired tanks.  For the record, we looked into SS tanks but even the tank manufacturer said they were crazy expensive.

So I flame treated and glued the crap out of all the fittings on the tanks.  Presto – zero leako.  Actually, there was one leak where we nicked the fill line while cutting our access holes.  It would have been an easy fix, except water fill line is easily available in 1-1/8 and 1-1/2 inch line, not the 1-1/4 we needed.  We forced the 1-1/8 and will look for a better fix.

Our friend Larry recommended a good local tank welder, so we ordered new aluminum fuel tanks.  Our poly tanks arrived the same day.  Anyone want to buy two 99 gallon poly fuel tanks?

Nancy continues to clean and paint the nooks and crannies.

We just finished installing glass tile on the counter and “backsplash” in the heads before we install new marine heads.  We use the best acrylic modified thinset adhesive I’ve ever used and a new epoxy grout to install the glass tiles.  The epoxy grout requires extra detailing as it hardens – no fixing it later with a little vinegar.

For those of you that weren’t here in the 1970’s, those are called “earth tones” and the Formica color is called “almond.”  You’d think it was cool looking if you listened to a little more Bachman Turner Overdrive and a little less hippy-hop.

I finally bought a puller that’s almost big enough and pulled the engine coupling from the shaft.

The coupling came off pretty easily, but the result wasn’t pretty.  Obviously the coupling has spun on the shaft several times.  Ugly.  Dunno if it really matters or what to do about it.  I assume they cut the keyway after the coupling spun.  Any other option is too wacky to consider.

 

Advertisements