Tags

, , ,

I had a temporary crown installed yesterday.

I’m fine.  Thanks for asking.

So when we found leaks in our window frames it only made sense to reach for the Dremel tool.  Closest thing we’ve got to a de-tootherizer.

The vinyl window frames shrank in the harsh Bay Area sunshine, opening the welds first and then cracks in the corners.

A little time with the high-speed cutter opened and cleaned the crack.

Then we masked off the area and smeared in BoatLife polysulfide caulk.  Perhaps a polyurethane would have been a better choice.  Hard to say.

The interesting thing about this caulk is it takes almost a week to cure. Same as my tooth.  Permanent crown next Thursday.  Hopefully we’ll install our engine on the next day.  Stay tuned.

Advertisements